Cytodiagnostics 70nm Maleimide-activated Gold NanoUrchin Conjugation Kit has been optimized for high efficiency one-step conjugation of thiol-containing ligands to gold Gold NanoUrchins.
The kit contains ready-to-use pre-made mixtures. No activation or manipulation of the gold nanourchins is required prior to conjugation, which often results in poor performing conjugates. Simply mix your protein with the pre-activated Maleimide gold nanourchins supplied in the kit.
This mini kit contains 3 individual reaction vials with lyophilized maleimide-activated gold nanourchins for performing three independent conjugation reactions.
- 70nm Maleimide-Activated Gold NanoUrchins (lyophilized) - 3 vials
- Protein Resuspension Buffer
- Reaction Buffer
- Quencher Solution
Features & Benefits
- Results in covalently bound ligand and more stable conjugate.
- Fast and convenient one-step conjugation reaction with no pre-activation requirements.
- Spacer between the gold surface and conjugated ligand minimizes effects on the tertiary protein structure, which can lead to poor performing conjugates, a common problem seen in conjugates prepared by passive adsorption.
- Precisely engineering surface coating that reduces non-specific protein binding in biological assays.
Gold Nanoparticle Specifications
Surface functionality: Maleimide (~1 Maleimide group/nm2) (10kDa PEG-spacer between gold surface and Maleimide-group)
Core diameter: 70nm
Concentration: OD=20 (when dissolved to a final volume of 100ul)
Particles per ml: ~3.92E+11 (when dissolved to a final volume of 100ul)
Absorbance (lambda max): 600nm