Cytodiagnostics 10nm Maleimide-Activated Gold Nanoparticle Conjugation Kit have been optimized for high efficiency one-step conjugation of thiol-containing ligands to gold nanoparticles.
The kit contains ready-to-use pre-made mixtures. No activation or manipulation of the gold nanoparticles is required prior to conjugation, which often results in poor performing conjugates. Simply mix your protein with the pre-activated maleimide gold nanoparticles supplied in the kit.
This MIDI kit contains 1 vial with lyophilized NHS-activated gold nanoparticles for performing one independent scale-up conjugation reaction.
- 10nm Maleimide-Activated Gold Nanoparticles (lyophilized) - 1 vial
- Protein Resuspension Buffer
- Reaction Buffer
- Quencher Solution
Features & Benefits
- Results in covalently bound ligand and more stable conjugate.
- Fast and convenient one-step conjugation reaction with no pre-activation requirements.
- Spacer between the gold nanoparticle surface and conjugated ligand minimizes effects on the tertiary protein structure, which can lead to poor performing conjugates, a common problem seen in conjugates prepared by passive adsorption.
- Precisely engineering surface coating that reduces non-specific protein binding in biological assays.
Gold Nanoparticle Specifications
Surface functionality: Maleimide (~0.5 maleimide groups/nm2) (5kDa PEG-spacer between gold surface and maleimide-group)
Core diameter: 10nm
Concentration: OD=20 (when dissolved to a final volume of 1ml)
Particles per ml: ~1.2E+14 (when dissolved to a final volume of 1ml)
Absorbance (lambda max): 515-520nm